No Regrets

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us." ~Alexander Graham Bell

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kids are SO honest!

We were at church tonight and there was a older lady who probably isn't the cleanest person in the world, and she was helping Max put his coat on. Being COMPLETELY honest, Max says, "your stinky". Jace's eyes were as big as saucers and thankfully the lady was hard of hearing and she didn't understand what Max said. I quickly redirected him so he wouldn't say it again. It took everything I had not to bust out laughing because what he said was totally true, just not appropriate to say.

On a side note, I measured my kids on the wall last night and they have grown sooooo much. I can't believe how fast time goes. I just want to savor every minute. Jace told my mom the other day that his favorite day of the week was Saturday. He said he loved Saturday because he didn't have to go to school, he didn't have to go to grandma Mary's, and all he had to do was stay home and do projects with his mom! When you hear something like that it makes you want to hang on to the innocence. I know there will be a day that my boys won't love Saturday's because of mom, but for now I need to cherish this time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment