No Regrets

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us." ~Alexander Graham Bell

Monday, February 7, 2011

Compliment

I had the best compliment on Saturday night at the Roosevelt carnival. I was volunteering in the face painting/tattoo room and there was a college kid who was volunteering to help me. A grandma came in with her grandkids and tells us that it was so great of us to volunteer our time. She then said "do you both go to Fort Hays". I promptly said "Well yes I do". Then I had to tell her that no i was just a parent but that was a great compliment that I could look like a college student. The kid I was sitting by was 19, does that mean I look 19? No matter what it made me feel good!!! I always tell Mark I still feel like I just graduated HS. He looks at me like I'm a nut case. Defiantly, hanging out with all of these teens, is going to keep me young!!! I learn something new from them everyday. I am so blessed to have them in my life. Mark is going on our next trip with us so he to will get the pleasure of teen boys and girls, but mostly boys! Laying the ground work for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment